Push-Of-Pike is designed to simulate combat in Britain, during the period 1639 to 1660. A time of upheaval, when English fought against Scots; when English fought against Irish and of course, when Englishmen fought Englishmen in the conflict known to history as The English Civil War.
An intense period of struggle, that began with a King believing in his divine right to rule and a Parliament with grievances against him, that maintained itw own right to govern.
The basic concepts of Push-Of-Pike differ greatly from that currently considered "normal" in wargames rules. There are no mathematics-based tables where a player can safely determine the outcome of an action before it occurs. The card operated game system – for the most part – ensures that for the bulk of the game, players will not even known in what order the action takes place.
Push-Of-Pike is intended for the FUN gamer; will suit the novice wargamer, the young wargamer or the hardened veteran.
- Título: Push-Of-Pike – Wargame Rules for 1639–1660
- Época: Revolución inglesa, 1642–1660
- Tipo: Tactical Miniature Wargame
- Escala de Tiempo: 1 turn = 30 minutes
- Escala de Terreno: 1:360 (1 inch = 10 yards) or 1:720 (1 inch = 20 yards)
- Escala de Tropa: 1 figure = 10 or 20 men
- Basing: 25 × 25 mm infantry element, 25 × 32 mm mounted element
- Autor: Craig Burnett
- Formato: 24-page rule book
- Idioma: Inglés
- Editorial: Craig Burnett, Mortdale, Australia
- Publicado: Julio 1992
- Game Equipment
- The Troops
- Unit Organization
- The Commanders
- The Army
- Unit Formations
- Troop Morale
- The Order of Battle (ORBAT)
- ORBAT Muster
- Game System
- The Action Cards
- Fire Ranges
- The Resolution Cards
- The Gunnery Card
- Troop Reactions
- Risk to Commanders
- Removing Elements
- End of the Game
- Sample Encounter
The recommended infantry and cavalry elements may be doubled in size to accomodate 1:72 scale and larger miniatures.
Preguntas más frecuentes
Para más información, por favor contactar con Military Miniatures Magazine en facebook.