The Regiment of Chasseurs à Cheval was raised under the name, General-in-Chief’s Company of Mounted Guides as the cavalry part of the bodyguard that Napoleon created in Italy 1796. Its first commander was Captain Jean-Baptiste Bessières, the future Marshal of France 1804. The squadron went to Egypt with Napoleon and was renamed to Escadron de Chasseurs à Cheval de La Garde Consulaire after his coup in 1799. On 3 January 1800, it consisted of 4 officers and 113 troopers and was commanded by Captain Eugène de Beauhairnais, Napoleon’s stepson.
Preguntas más frecuentes
Para más información, por favor contactar con Military Miniatures Magazine en facebook.