The SU-152 assault gun first saw action at the battle of Kursk in 1943, where it earned its nickname "Animal Killer" in reference to German Tiger, Panther, and Elefant tanks it faced in that battle. The vehicle used the hull and chassis of the KV-I.S heavy tank. Only a few of the 704 SU-152 built during the war were still in operation in 1945, the vehicle had been replaced by the ISU-152 assault gun. The SU-152 was attached to regiments and divisions of the armoured artillery, infantry divisions, and armoured corps. SU-152s were replaced with ISU-152s beginning in 1944, and it is not certain that any survived to take part in the Battle for Berlin. The SU-152 was the only major new KV variant at the beginning of 1943 (it was initially designated KV-14).
- SU-152 (Zveraboy), 1:76 Ostmodels R15
- SU-152 (Zveraboy), 1:76 Red Star Models RS 73
- SU-152 (Zveraboy), 1:87 KOMO/ROCO 1242
- SU-152 (Zveraboy), 1:100 Roskopf 9
- SU-152 (Zveraboy), 1:285 GHQ R28
- SU-152 (Zveraboy), 1:300 Heroics&Ros S51
- SU-152 Cañón Autopropulsado Pesado
- Planta motriz: model V2 12 cylinder water-cooled, 520 hp
- Velocidad: 37 km/h
- Fuel Capacity:
- Fuel Consumption:
- Alcance: 240 km
- Longitud: 11.23 m
- Ancho: 3.36 m
- Altura: 2.68 m
- Peso: 50 tons
- Blindaje: 20 mm to 110 mm
- Armamento: Model 1937 152 mm howitzer and 28 rounds
- Firing Range:
- Gun Elevation:
- Gun Traverse:
- Tripulación: comandante de tanque, conductor, artillero, cargador, operador de radio (if a radio was carried)
- Soviet Army, Julio 1943–1954
Heavy self-propelled artillery regiments consisted of 21 vehicles, deployed in batteries of 3 vehicles each.
- SU-122. Not a necessary conversion, since the SU-122 is available from the same manufacturer.
- Funcken, L. & F.: L’Uniforme et les Armes des Soldats de la Guerre 1939–1945, p. 79
KV-1 tanks were quickly phased out after the battle of Kursk, only the SU-152 distinguished itself at Kursk, where the first heavy assault gun regiment claimed 12 Tiger tanks, and 7 Ferdinand tank destroyers. Thus the nickname "Animal Killer". The SU-152 was withdrawn from service in 1954.
Preguntas más frecuentes
Para más información, por favor contactar con Military Miniatures Magazine en el Miniatures Forum.