Círculo de Alta Sajonia, one of the four Imperial circles raised in 1512, which were added to the six existing circles of the German Empire established in 1500; it included the following territories after the 1521 reogranisation: Electoral Saxone, Electroal Brandenburg, Anhalt, Thuringia, Schwarzburg, Reuß, Pommerania, the Bishoprics Meißen, Merseburg, Naumburg, Brandenburg, Havelberg, Lebus and Cammin, with an area of 104,619 sq km and 4.5 mill. inhabitants. Head and military commander of the circle was the Elector of Saxony. The circle diet was initially held at Leipzig, later also at Frankfurt (Oder) and Jüterbog; from 1683 no more meetings were held.
Círculo de Alta Sajonia
- 1o Regimiento Infantería del Círculo del Electorado de Sajonia
- 2o Regimiento Infantería del Círculo del Electorado de Sajonia
- 3o Regimiento Infantería del Círculo del Electorado de Sajonia
- 4o Regimiento Infantería del Círculo del Electorado de Sajonia
- Regimiento Infantería de la Sajonia Ducal (2 batallones con 5 compañias cada uno)
- Regimiento Infantería de Schwarzburg-Reuß
- Regimiento Dragones de Sajonia-Gotha (2 Squadrons)
Apart from its household troops, the Electorado de Sajonia had to provide four circle infantry regiments for the Imperial Army. The mobilization of the Saxon circle infantry regiments was discontinued when the Saxon army surrendered at Pirna in 1756. Recruits who had already been raised were distributed among the electoral Saxon infantry regiments, which were taken into the Prussian army. Losses through desertion were exceptionally high. Many of the deserters joined the new electoral Saxon army under Prince Franz Xavier of Saxony, which operated in the Rhineland from 1758. The electoral Saxon circle infantry regiments were not raised again after 1756.
- Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon, 6. Auflage 1905–1909
Preguntas más frecuentes
Para más información, por favor contactar con Military Miniatures Magazine en el Miniatures Forum.