Museo Castillo Friedrichstein, Bad Wildungen
Walhalla – Hall of Fame at Donaustauf near Regensburg. In the Spring of 1807, following Napoleon’s victory over Prussia, Crownprinz Ludwig of Bavaria decided to have a tempel built to commemorate gloriously distinguished Germans. His definition of a German included anyone whose native language was German: "wer teutscher Zunge sey". During the 1807 to 1812 period of the Napoleonic Wars famous sculptors like Schadow, Rauch, Tieck, Dannecker und Kauffmann created the first of 96 busts und 64 name plates which would later be displayed in Walhalla. The tempel was founded on 18th Octubre 1827, the anniversary of the Battle at Leipzig, und inaugurated on 18th Octubre 1842. The original number of 160 Germans inducted into the Hall of Fame has since grown to 178, Albert Einstein being the most recent addition.
Preguntas más frecuentes
Para más información, por favor contactar con Military Miniatures Magazine en el Miniatures Forum.