Cargo trailers parked at a supply dump somewhere behind the front lines. The Airfix model of the 1-ton cargo trailer has the front wheel in the parked position. To recreate a towed trailer, cut the locating pin off the front wheel and glue the wheel between the supports of the trailer hitch. The trailer on the right has a scratchbuilt canvas tilt made from internal supports covered with tissue paper. The converted trailer has been painted vallejo 924 Russian Uniform Green which is a good match for British Standard Colour No. 15, the other has been painted FS 34088 (B.S. No. 15).
- M5A1 Half-Track with ring mount
- American driver figure
- Remolque, carga, 2-wheel, 1-ton, G518, »Ben Hur«
- Decals for an American vehicle
- Excellent choice of subject, converted M14 Multiple Gun Motor Carriages were used as M5 and M5A1 Half-Track personnel carrier in the motorized infantry battalions attached to British armoured formations.
- Scale model with good detail.
- Compatible with Fujimi, Matchbox, Nitto, Crusader Models, JB Models, Milicast and Cromwell Models.
- The canvas tilt is not detailed enough. The canvas normally sags noticeably, outlining the supports underneath.
- The front wheel is modelled in the parked position. A moving trailer would have the front wheel raised to provide better ground clearance.
- Parts No. 50 and No. 52, hub caps, are not to scale, they should be reduced in thickness.
The Airfix model of the 1-ton cargo trailer may be towed by tanks, half-tracks, and medium trucks like the Dodge Weapons Carrier.
Preguntas más frecuentes
Para más información, por favor contactar con Military Miniatures Magazine en el Miniatures Forum.